mac provider credential
mac provider credential activates a supplier and saves the credentials.
$ mac instance credential mysupplier myclientid mysecretkey Credentials validated and saved. The provider 'mysupplier' has been activated.
Your supplier credentials
Every supplier has a different way to access to the API credentials.
Amazon Web Services amazon
Follow this guide.
It will provide you the Access Key (the equivalent to the
client) and the Secret Access Key (equivalent to the
Rackspace rackspaceus and rackspaceuk
Follow this guide.
It will provide you the your_username (the equivalent to the
client) and the your_api_key (equivalent to the
Read the section How To Generate a Personal Access Token in this guide.
It will provide you the client id (the equivalent to the
client) and the key (equivalent to the
Google Compute Engine gce
Google Compute Engine uses private keys encrypted with a password that makes a bit more complicated to access the credentials.
- Go to the Developer Console.
- Choose your project.
- Choose API & auth > Credentials.
- Click "Create new Client ID".
- Select "Service account" and click "Create Client ID".
- Details of the new service account will be displayed.
- Download a JSON key for a service account by clicking Generate new JSON key. JSON keys are used for authentication. Make a note of the service account email address - this is the identity that goes with the key.
client) and the private_key (equivalent to the
key) . Save the contents of the in a file and use the path of the file as the
Note: If your supplier is not available you should use the technology agnostic capabilities of ManageaCloud and create instances using resources.
- provider: Identifies the provider. It can be rackspaceus, rackspaceuk, amazon, gce, or digitalocean.
- client: It might be a username, clientid, etc.
- key: Key is the secret information. It can be a password, key, pem, etc.
This parameter can be an string of a file path. If file path is detected, the contents of the file are used as
- -f: Force
keyto be a file path.